- Stronghero3D PETG filament 1.75mm black, most reasonable price
- Same quality as other high price PETG, tough, easy to print
- PETG raw material from Korean SK 2012
- Print temp nozzle 230-250 degree, heat bed 50-75 degree
- PETG net weight 1kg, solid or transparent, shiny smooth surface
Polyethylene terephthalate (PET) is the most commonly used plastic in the world. Best known as the polymer used in water bottles, it is also found in clothing fibers and food containers. While “raw” PET is rarely used in 3D printing, its variant PETG is a popular 3D printer filament.
The ‘G’ in PETG stands for “glycol-modified”,and the result is a filament which is clearer, less brittle, and mostimportantly, easier to use than its base form. For this reason, PETG is often considered a good middle ground between ABS and PLA, the two most commonly used types of 3D printer filament, as it is more flexible and durable than PLA and easier to print than ABS.
Three things 3D printer enthusiasts should keep in mind when using PETG:
1. PETG is hygroscopic, meaning it absorbs moisture from the air. As this has a negative effect on printing, make sure to store the 3Dprinter filament in a cool, dry place.
2. PETG is sticky during printing, making this 3D printer filament a poor choice for support structures, but good for layer adhesion. (Just be careful with the print bed!)
3. Though not brittle, PETG scratches more easily than ABS.
Polyethylene coTrimethyleneTerephthalate (PETT) is another PET variant. Slightly more rigid than PETG,this 3D printer filament is popular for being transparent.
3D Printer filament Properties: PETG(PET, PETT)
Strength: High| Flexibility: Medium |Durability: High
Difficulty to use: Low
Print temperature: 220°C – 250°C
Print bed temperature: 50°C – 75°C